Weather Alert – U.S. Embassy Singapore (November 08, 2019)
Location: Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean
Event: Tropical Cyclone Season in the South Pacific Ocean begins November 1, 2019 and ends on April 30, 2020. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recommends that those in tropical cyclone-prone regions begin preparations for the upcoming seasons now.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center for the 2020 Cyclone forecast.
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance. For more information see:
- U.S. Embassy SingaporeSingaporeACS@state.gov
- (+65) 6476-9100,
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates