Location: Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean
Event: Tropical Cyclone Season in the South Pacific Ocean began November 1, 2020 and ends on April 30, 2021. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recommends that those in tropical cyclone-prone regions begin preparations for the upcoming season now.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center for the 2021 Cyclone forecast.
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance. For more information see: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/your-health-abroad/insurance-providers-overseas.html
- U.S. Embassy Singapore, 27 Napier Road, Singapore 258508
- Contact information: +65 6476 9100, SingaporeACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
U.S. Embassy Singapore has resumed all routine consular services. For information and appointments, please see our website at https://sg.usembassy.gov/