Relinquish Green Card

Effective February 1, 2019, we no longer accept local filings of Form I-407 Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status from U.S. green card holders who wish to relinquish their status.  Individuals who wish to voluntarily record abandonment of their lawful permanent resident (LPR) status must submit Form I-407 via mail to:

USCIS Eastern Forms Center
Attn: I-407 unit
124 Leroy Road
PO Box 567
Williston, VT 05495

To complete the process with USCIS, you will need to complete the Form I-407, “Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status”.  Instructions can be found at Form I-407 Instructions.