U.S. PASSPORT RENEWAL BY MAIL
Passport applicants must answer YES to all of the following to use the online payment and mail-in service:
- I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book by mail with my renewal application.
- I was at least 16 years old when my most recent U.S. passport book was issued.
- I was issued my most recent U.S. passport book less than 15 years ago.
- My most recent U.S. passport book has a validity of 10 years from issuance to expiration.
- The U.S. passport book that I am renewing has not been mutilated, damaged, lost or stolen.
- My most recent U.S. passport book was issued in my current name (or I can document my name change by submitting marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order with my passport application.)
- I currently reside in and/or have a valid mailing address in Singapore.
- I am only applying for a full-validity 10-year passport book (I am not applying for a passport card or limited-validity passport).
Ineligible applicants who utilize this service may NOT be eligible for refunds. As a reminder, the online fee payment option is currently available for adult Form DS-82 passport book renewals only.
The following are NOT eligible for online payment and mail-in:
- Form DS-11 applicants (e.g. minors, first-time adult applicants, etc.)
- Under age 16 when most recent passport was issued
- Most recent passport valid for less than 10 years
- Not resident in Singapore
- Applying for passport card or both book and card
- Lost, stolen, or damaged passport
- Most recent passport was issued 15+ years ago
Any/all of the above “NOT eligible” situations require an in-person passport appointment at the embassy.
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, follow steps 1-6 below to renew your passport by mail.
Complete the DS-82 form. The Form Filler selects the correct form based on the information you input. It may generate a different form from what you expect. You must provide a Social Security number if you have been issued one. If you do not have a Social Security number, enter all zeros in the DS-82 form and submit a signed and dated statement. You must complete all questions on all pages of the form, print it single-sided, and sign and date it.
- Most Recent U.S. Passport and Photocopy of Biographic Photo Page
You must submit your most recent passport and a photocopy of the biographic page with your photo. This passport will be canceled and returned to you once your new passport is ready.
Provide one 5×5 cm (2×2 inch) photo that meets all requirements
Pay the passport renewal fee online and include a printed copy of your payment confirmation receipt.
- Name Change Documents (if applicable)
If the name you currently use is different from the name on your most recent U.S. passport, you must provide the original certified copy of the legal name change document, plus one photocopy. Examples include: marriage certificate, divorce decree, court-ordered name change document. Your name change document will be returned to you.
- Mail Your Documents
Send your completed and signed DS-82 form (printed single-sided), passport, 5×5 cm passport photo, online payment confirmation, name change document (if applicable), and return shipping waybill as detailed in the Shipping Instructions (Singapore). Only Singapore addresses are eligible. Shipping services are provided by SingPost and not by the Embassy, and the Embassy is not able to provide tracking updates. The Embassy assumes no risk associated with the use of mailing services, including the risk of loss or delay.