A large U.S. delegation led by U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis engaged with Indo-Pacific partners and allies at International Institute for Strategic Studies Shangri-La Dialogue, June 1-3, 2018. Also present were U.S. Indo-Pacific Command Commander Admiral Philip Davidson, Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer, U.S. Department of State Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Political-Military Affairs Tina Kaidanow, Senators Dan Sullivan, Cory Gardner and David Perdue, as well as a bipartisan Congressional Delegation led by Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee Representative Mac Thornberry, Congressmen Michael Conaway and Henry Cuellar, Congresswomen Vicky Hartzler and Carol Shea-Porter.
Read these releases for more information on U.S. presence at Shangri-La Dialogue 2018:
- Transcript of remarks by Secretary Mattis at Plenary Session of the 2018 Shangri-La Dialogue (Department of Defense)
- Readout of Secretary Mattis’s meeting with Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong (Department of Defense)
- Readout of Secretary Mattis’s meeting with Singaporean Minister of Defence Dr Ng Eng Hen (Department of Defense)
- Readout of Secretary Mattis’s meeting with Southeast Asian counterparts (Department of Defense)
- Call on Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong by United States Members of Congress (Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs)