Replacement Emergency Passport

Applicants coming to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy cannot bring large personal electronic devices to the Embassy. Those items include but are not limited to: laptops, iPads, and other tablet devices, or handheld gaming devices.  Effective immediately, the Embassy Local Guard Force cannot store laptops and large electronic devices for customers. Please make arrangements to leave large devices elsewhere before arriving at the U.S. Embassy to avoid inconveniences. 

Save time. Complete and print your passport application form before coming to the Embassy.

Appointments are now required for all passport services. To make an appointment, please visit the U.S. Citizens Services Appointment System.

Replacing a Limited Emergency U.S. Passport With a Full-Validity Passport.

If you have a limited emergency passport that is valid for a year or less, you should replace it will a full-validity passport.  The replacement will be done at no additional charge if you request it before the emergency passport expires.

To replace your emergency passport, present it to the American Citizen Services section along with the following:

  • A completed Form DS-5504 (PDF 89KB)
  • If the emergency passport belongs to a child under the age of 16, only one parent need appear and the child does not need to come.  Adults renewing for themselves must come in person.  No one can submit this for you.
  • We must have the current passports for all who are applying including that of a parent if applying for a child.
  • One recent 2″ x 2″ (50mm X 50mm) passport photo.  Please review the Passport Photograph Requirements.
    • No fee required unless you request your replacement of an emergency passport after it has already expired.  In this case, you must pay the full fee again with the submission of the DS-82 for adults and DS-11 for children under age 16.  All appropriate fees must be paid before passport applications are accepted. Fees can be found by visiting the Bureau of Consular Affairs’ Passport Fees website.