Please furnish one color photograph that reflects your current appearance:
- Taken within the last six months
- 2″ x 2″ (50mm x 50mm) – with the size of the head between 1 and 1 3/8 inches (25-35mm)
- Printed on high quality photographic or glossy digital printer paper
- Well-lit and in-focus
- With a white or off-white background
- You must remove your eyeglasses for passport photos
The applicant must face the camera directly. The head must not be turned and must be centered in the frame. Head coverings are acceptable only for religious reasons; the applicant’s face must be completely exposed. The applicant’s eyes must be open (even for infants).
You must remove your eyeglasses for U.S. visa and passport photos. You may wear glasses for U.S. visa/passport photos only if you have a medical issue such as recent surgery requiring eyeglasses to protect your eyes. If you must wear eyeglasses for medical reasons, you’ll need to obtain and submit a signed statement with your application from a medical professional or health practitioner (such as a surgeon or ophthalmologist). If your eyeglasses are needed for medical reasons, please follow these rules for the visa photo:
(a) The frames of the eyeglasses must not cover the eye(s)
(b) There must not be glare on eyeglasses that obscures the eye(s).
(c) There must not be shadows or refraction from the eyeglasses that obscures the eye(s).
The Embassy has installed a photo booth which produces photos of the correct size and appearance; the fee to obtain two photos from this machine is S$10 (Singapore currency, exact change only). There are also a number of photo shops around Singapore which are able to provide the required photos; fees vary depending on the shop.
The Department of State has produced guidelines for passport photographers. You may wish to download this information and share it with your selected photographer.
Infant and Toddler Passport Photos
Infant and toddlers passport photos must comply with the same requirements stated above.
The photo booth at the Embassy is not really suitable for infant and toddler passport photos. We recommend that you use a professional photographer to ensure that you child’s photograph complies with requirements.
Recommendations for taking infant passport photo:
- Lay the baby down on a white sheet and take the picture while standing over the child.
- Place the baby in car seat that has been covered with a white sheet.
- Make sure no one else is visible in the photo.
- Make sure the baby’s eyes are open.