Lost or Stolen Passports

Applicants coming to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy cannot bring large personal electronic devices to the Embassy. Those items include but are not limited to: laptops, iPads, and other tablet devices, or handheld gaming devices.  Effective immediately, the Embassy Local Guard Force cannot store laptops and large electronic devices for customers. Please make arrangements to leave large devices elsewhere before arriving at the U.S. Embassy to avoid inconveniences. 

Steps for Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport

Step 1: Contact the American Citizens Services Section

Contact ACS as quickly as possible to report the loss in order to minimize the opportunity for someone else to use your passport for illicit purposes at:

Tel: (65) 6476-9251
Email: SingaporeACS@state.gov

Step 2: Report the Theft or Loss to the Singapore Police

Before you can have the passport replaced, you must also report the theft or loss to the Singapore Police and obtain a copy of the report that they prepare.

Step 3: Schedule an Appointment

Appointments are now required for all passport services.  To make and cancel an appointment, please visit the ACS Appointment System.

Please schedule a different appointment for each person replacing their passport.

Step 4: Complete Passport Application Form DS-11  (PDF 97KB)

Do not sign Form DS-11 until requested to do so by the Consular Officer.

Step 5: Complete Form DS-64

Form DS-64 is a statement regarding a lost or stolen passport.

Step 6: Submit Forms and the Following Additional Documents in Person:

Copy of Police Report

Copy of the police report showing you have reported the loss or theft to the Singapore police.

Proof of U.S. Citizenship (original and one copy):

You may submit one or more of the following items:

  • Previous full validity U.S. passport
  • Certified Birth Record
  • Consular Report of Birth
  • Naturalization Certificate or
  • Certificate of Citizenship
  • Copy of the lost or stolen passport
  • If you are not able to produce documentary proof of U.S. citizenship, the passport officer will interview you and check passport files to determine if you are an American citizen.

Proof of Identity (original and one copy):

You may submit one or more of the following items containing your personal information with your signature and a recent photograph that clearly bears an identifiable resemblance of you:

  • Valid  U.S. or foreign passport;
  • Valid U. S. driver’s license (not temporary or learner’s license);
  • Valid U.S. government (Federal, State, municipal) identification card. Temporary, altered, or commercially issued documents are not acceptable.

U.S. Passport Photo:

One color 2”by 2” Passport Photo

The photo must be:

  • Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
  • Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
  • Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
  • Taken in normal  civilian attire  without a hat or dark glasses
  • Taken with a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
  • You must remove your eyeglasses for passport photos.

There is a self-operated photo booth on the embassy premises that can generate two U.S. passport photos for S$10.00. The machine is located on the ground floor at the visa applicants’ waiting area.  Please be sure to have the exact change as the machine can only accept a Singapore ten dollar note and the cashiers cannot provide change.

Or, click here for a list of photo studios in Singapore that are able to produce U.S. passport photographs.

Step 7: Pay Applicable Passport Fees

Passport Fees:

  • All appropriate fees must be paid before passport applications are accepted. Fees can be found by visiting the Bureau of Consular Affairs’ Passport Fees website.

We accept most major international credit cards (charges billed in US$) and U.S. equivalent in Singapore dollars. U.S. dollars, personal checks, debit cards or payment by NETS are NOT acceptable.

Note: Once a passport is reported lost or stolen to the Embassy, it is immediately and automatically cancelled to prevent mala-fide travelers from using it. Even if you recover your passport, it must be replaced, as you will experience significant problems if you attempt to use it to travel.

Passport FAQs