Applicants coming to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy cannot bring large personal electronic devices to the Embassy. Those items include but are not limited to: laptops, iPads, and other tablet devices, or handheld gaming devices. Effective immediately, the Embassy Local Guard Force cannot store laptops and large electronic devices for customers. Please make arrangements to leave large devices elsewhere before arriving at the U.S. Embassy to avoid inconveniences.
For routine questions on services for American citizens, please review the information available on our website. You may contact us if you have further questions. For the quickest and most complete reply, we encourage you to email us at email@example.com. If you call, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Appointments are required for all services. To make or cancel an appointment, please visit ACS Appointment System. The Consular section will be closed on Singapore and American holidays, and training days. For more details, please consult the list of Consular closure dates.
- Mornings: 8:30am – 12pm (Mon. – Fri.)
- Afternoons: 1:30pm – 3:00pm (Mon., Tues., Wed. and Fri.)
- No services are available on Thursday afternoons
- Appointments are required for all American citizen services. You can make an appointment here or find more information about Birth Abroad and Passport Applications for Minors (children under 16 years of age).
- The Consular Section is closed on Singapore and American holidays. Occasionally, this section may also close for internal reasons. For more details, please consult the list of Consular closure dates.
- The Embassy does not accept U.S. currency as payment for consular services. The Embassy accepts payment in Singapore dollars or by credit card (Master Card, Visa Card, or American Express). Credit card charges will be made in US$ and foreign exchange charges may apply.
- No Parking at the Embassy: If you plan to visit the Embassy for consular services, please plan to arrive by public transportation or taxi or to seek parking in public parking lots. The closest public car parks are at Gleneagles Hospital on Napier Road, Botanical Gardens on Cluny Road and the Tanglin Mall.