Employment Opportunities with the U.S. Mission in Singapore:
Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Mission in Singapore. The U.S. Mission in Singapore provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation.
Before you continue with the application process, please pay attention to the target group in each vacancy announcement (VA). Positions advertised to
- “All Interested Candidates“ – are open only to local residents and candidates who have the required residence permits for employment in Singapore;
- “USEFMs“ or “Current Employees of the Mission” – are open only to current U.S. Mission employees or eligible family member (EFM) or declared Member of Household (MOH). Other applicants will not be considered for these positions.
For an overview of the terms (EFM/MOH/OR/NOR) and their definitions, please click on “Definitions.”
To view a current list of all available positions at the U.S. Mission in Singapore and to apply online, please visit: Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA).
For more information about the vacancies and how to apply online, please click on “How to Apply” below.
How to Apply
All currently available local positions are posted on the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) webpage powered by Monster.com. Applications must be completed and submitted through ERA. Paper or e-mailed applications are not accepted.
To apply for a position, you will need to “Create an Account” on the ERA Sign In webpage. If you already have an account, you must be logged into your account on ERA to apply. The video above describes the steps for creating an account for new users. Through your ERA account you will be able to search for available positions, apply for positions, and track the status of your employment applications.
Please carefully read the entire vacancy announcement and make sure that you meet all of the eligibility and qualification requirements. Also, you should get ready documents (Education certificates, resume, relevant license (if applicable), Copy of Orders, DD-214 (if applicable), SF-50 (if applicable) and any other relevant documents related to your work experience, education, work or residency permits, and contact details to download as attachments together with your online application submission.
Applicants are encouraged to review the Eight Qualities of Overseas Employees (PDF 64KB). These qualities are essential characteristics for being a successful staff member of the U.S. Embassy.
Reminders for ERA Job Seekers
To be a successful applicant, remember your ERA password and manage your ERA seeker account.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to maintain his/her credentials to ERA
- In creating your ERA Account, make sure to provide a password that you will easily remember
- In case you forgot your password, the account lock is only TEMPORARY – after 30 minutes, ERA will allow you to log in again
- In case you can no longer remember your password, the system ONLY allows two options:
- Click the password reset hyperlink or,
- Create a new account
- We will send you an email ONLY IF your application has progressed to the next step in the recruitment process. Follow-up is not needed. You will need to wait for at least four (4) weeks after the closing date of the vacancy to know if you have been shortlisted for next level.
- Make sure to check your email regularly including the junk or spam folders so you wouldn’t miss any updates or further instructions
Foreign Service Officer Test (Open for U.S. Citizens ONLY)
The State Department offers the Foreign Service Officer Test at Pearson Professional Centers in 23 locations including Singapore. The complete list of dates and locations and how to sign up is available on the Pearson VUE website at http://pearsonvue.com/fsot. Questions about testing at overseas Pearson Professional Centers may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Detailed information about the Foreign Service selection process can be found at http://careers.state.gov.