The Indo-Pacific Business Forum, which took place on November 4, 2019, in Bangkok, Thailand, is the premier U.S.-sponsored business event in the Indo-Pacific region for 2019. It showcased the enduring U.S. commitment to the Indo-Pacific region, and the economic ties that have contributed to economic growth and prosperity in both the Indo-Pacific and the United States.
The 2019 Indo-Pacific Business Forum was co-organized by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Thai Chamber of Commerce, in collaboration with the American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand (AmCham) and the U.S.-ASEAN Business Council (USABC), with the support of the United States and the Royal Thai Governments. The Forum advanced a vision for the Indo-Pacific as a free and open region composed of nations that are independent, strong, and prosperous. Government and business leaders from the United States, Thailand and across the Indo-Pacific discussed commercial opportunities, the digital economy, energy, infrastructure development, access to capital, and U.S.-Indo-Pacific partnerships. The Forum showcased new efforts to advance market competition, job growth, and high-standard development for greater prosperity in the Indo-Pacific.
- Fact Sheet: 2019 Indo-Pacific Business Forum Showcases High-Standard U.S. Investment (November 3, 2019)
- Fact Sheet: Indo-Pacific Transparency Initiative (November 3, 2019)
- Fact Sheet: The United States and ASEAN: Expanding the Enduring Partnership (November 3, 2019)
- Enhancing Shared Prosperity for a Free and Open Indo-Pacific (November 3, 2019) – (PDF 529K)
- Indo-Pacific Strategy Implementation Report: “A Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Advancing a Shared Vision” (November 3, 2019)