Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Singapore
New COVID-19 mitigation measures:
On May 14, the Government of Singapore announced additional social distancing measures to curb the spread of COVID-19 in response to a continuing increase in community cases. These measures follow the “heightened alert” measures that began on May 8. The new social distancing restrictions apply from Sunday, May 16 through Sunday, June 13, 2021. We encourage all U.S. citizens in Singapore to familiarize themselves with these new regulations and follow them closely.
For details, please review the official Ministry of Health notice: https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/updates-on-local-situation-and-heightened-alert-to-minimise-transmission-14May.
The COVID-19 information page of U.S. Embassy Singapore: https://sg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carrier
sor travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Check COVID-19 Country Specific Information updated information on COVID-19 related information including availability of testing.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for our COVID FAQs Search Tool.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444