Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Singapore March 20, 2020
Event: On March 19, 2020 the Singapore Ministry of Health announced 221 active cases of COVID-19 in Singapore.
The government of Singapore has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advanced notice. Singapore has barred admission to travelers who have recently visited China, Iran, The Republic of Korea, Italy, France, Spain and Germany. According to the Singapore government, travelers with recent travel to ASEAN countries, Japan, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom within the last 14 days will be issued a 14-day “stay-home” notice and required to show proof of access to a single dwelling during that period. The Singapore government has announced that from 20 March 2020, 11:59pm, this same measure will apply to all travelers entering Singapore. Visit the website of the Singapore Ministry of Health for additional information on these new measures.
The U.S. Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Singapore.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Monitor local media for updates on further precautionary measures by the Singapore government that may affect airports and other ports of entry, schools and other public facilities.
U.S. Embassy Singapore