Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Singapore, 22 March 2020
The Singapore Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country of Singapore.
On 22 March 2020 the Singapore Ministry of Health released a new Notice regarding the potential for COVID-19 in Singapore. The language of the Notice is available on its website: https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19. The Singapore government has announced that from 23 March 2020, 11:59pm, all short-term visitors from anywhere in the world will not be permitted entry or transit through Singapore. Until that date and time, any traveler permitted entry into Singapore will be issued a 14-day “stay-home” notice and required to show proof of access to a single dwelling during that period.
The government of Singapore has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Singapore has barred admission to travelers who have recently visited China, Iran, The Republic of Korea, Italy, France, Spain and Germany. Visit the website of Singapore’s Ministry of Health for additional information on these new measures.
The government of Singapore has implemented other measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. According to the Singapore government, The Ministry of Manpower at this time will only allow the entry/ return of work pass holders, including their dependents, for those providing essential services, such as in healthcare and transport. Visit the local government COVID-19 website at the Ministry of Manpower for updated information.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Singapore.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Singapore