U.S. Embassy Singapore offers a variety of competitive exchange program opportunities for teachers, students, scholars, and professionals.
- Fulbright Student Award for Graduate Study in the U.S. 2023-2024: The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists to research and study in the United States for one year or longer at U.S. universities or institutions. Open for applications from March 6, 2023! Deadline to apply: April 30, 2023.
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program: The Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program is a nine-month, non-degree program for early career teachers or professionals to teach Mandarin in an American college or university. Fulbright FLTA participants also attend/audit courses at their host institution and interact with their host communities in conversation groups, extracurricular activities, and community outreach projects. Applications for 2023-2024 now closed. Applications for 2024-2025 will open in August 2023.
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Scholars 2023: SUSI is an intensive post-graduate level academic program with an integrated study tour that provides university faculty and/or professionals the opportunity to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions in the fields of American politics and political thought, contemporary American literature, journalism and media, U.S. culture, identity, and society, U.S. economics and sustainable development, and U.S. foreign policy. Applicants must be Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents between 30-50 years of age. Applications for 2023-2024 now closed. Applications for 2024-2025 will open in September 2023.
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Secondary Educators 2023: The SUSI educators program is open to secondary school educators including teachers, administrators, teacher trainers, curriculum developers, textbook writers, and Ministry of Education officials who are interested in gaining a deeper understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions. The ultimate goal of the Institutes is to strengthen curricula and enhance the quality of teaching about the United States in secondary schools and other academic institutions abroad. Applicants must be Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents between 30-50 years of age. Applications for 2023-2024 now closed. Applications for 2024-2025 will open in September 2023.
- Community Solutions Program (CSP) 2023-2024: CSP is a year-long professional development program for applicants aged 25-38 who are working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to the environment, peace and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender. Applications for 2023-2024 now closed. Applications for 2024-2025 will open in October 2023.
- Fulbright U.S.– ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program 2023-2024: The Fulbright U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program is open to Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent resident university faculty, government officials, and professional staff of the private sector, think tanks, and other NGOs. Selected participants will travel to the United States for three to four months during the first half of 2024, where they will carry out scholarly and professional research on issues central to ASEAN and the U.S.–ASEAN relationship. Applications for 2023-2024 now closed. Applications for 2024-2025 will open in October 2023.
- Fulbright Visiting Research Scholar Award 2023-2024: The Visiting Research Scholar Award is a grant for Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent resident university faculty, think tank researchers, and professionals conducting non-degree or post-doctoral research to enhance academic and professional expertise in the United States in collaboration with American academics and/or field experts. Selected participants will travel to the United States for three to four months between September 2023 and May 2024. Applications for 2023-2024 now closed. Applications for 2024-2025 will open in October 2023.
- Fulbright Specialist Program: The Fulbright Specialist Program invites U.S. faculty and professionals to serve as expert consultants on curriculum, faculty development, institutional planning, and related subjects at academic or research-oriented institutions in Singapore for a period of 2 to 6 weeks. Singaporean universities, cultural centers, non-governmental organizations, and other institutionscan host a leading U.S. academic or professional at their institution to work on diverse, short-term collaborative projects focused on education and training. The projects address critical priorities identified by the host institutions and supported by U.S. Embassy Singapore. The applicant and host institution are required to submit independent applications through the Fulbright Specialist portal. Application deadline: Ongoing.
- Community Engagement Exchange Program: The Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) is a year-long civil society program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. It is designed to enable civil society leaders, ages 20-27, to harness the power of networks, relationships, and information for the public good, specifically on issues related to civic dialog and peace-building, open and participatory government, women and gender, resilience and sustainable development, and youth engagement. https://www.irex.org/program/community-engagement-exchange-program-application-information
- International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP): The IVLP is the U.S. Department of State’s premier professional exchange program. Through short-term visits to the United States, current and emerging foreign leaders in a variety of fields experience the U.S. first hand and cultivate lasting relationships with American counterparts. Professional meetings reflect participants’ professional interests and support the foreign policy goals of the United States. Each year nearly 5,000 International Visitors come to the U.S. on the IVLP. More than 200,000 International Visitors have engaged with Americans through the IVLP, including more than 500 current or former Chiefs of State or Heads of Government. There is no application for IVLP. Participants are nominated and selected annually by U.S. Embassies worldwide.
For more information about Embassy exchange programs, please contact:
Academic & Professional Exchanges Specialist Public Affairs Section U.S. Embassy Singapore 27 Napier Road Singapore 258508 Email: Singaporefulbright@state.gov