The Economic/Political Section is responsible for the conduct of diplomacy, trade policy, and economic relations between the United States and Singapore and reports on economic, political and military developments within the country. The section works with the Singapore government to address bilateral political and economic concerns and to coordinate positions at multilateral fora such as the United Nations (UN), the World Trade Organization (WTO), Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), and the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF). It prepares a range of annual reports, including the Foreign Economic Trends Report, Investment Climate Statement, and the Human Rights Report. The section counsels U.S. business on key trade issues, including intellectual property rights, financial services liberalization, and electronic commerce.
- Country Report on Human Rights Practices, 2017
- Advancing Freedom and Democracy Report (AFDR), 2014
- Country Report on Human Rights Practices, 2016
- Country Reports on Terrorism, 2016
- International Narcotics Control Strategy Report – Singapore Chapter, 2016
- International Religious Freedom Report: Singapore 2017
- Trafficking in Persons Report, 2017 [ Singapore ]