The Economic/Political Section is responsible for the conduct of diplomacy, trade policy, and economic relations between the United States and Singapore and reports on economic, political and military developments within the country. The section works with the Singapore government to address bilateral political and economic concerns and to coordinate positions at multilateral fora such as the United Nations (UN), the World Trade Organization (WTO), Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), and the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF). It prepares a range of annual reports, including the Foreign Economic Trends Report, Investment Climate Statement, and the Human Rights Report. The section counsels U.S. business on key trade issues, including intellectual property rights, financial services liberalization, and electronic commerce.
- 2018 Human Rights Practices Country Report for Singapore
- 2019 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report (INCSR)
- 2018 International Religious Freedom Report for Singapore
- 2019 Trafficking in Persons Report for Singapore
- 2017 Country Reports on Terrorism
- 2017-18 Advancing Freedom and Democracy Report (AFDR)