Work with Us
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Embassy! We hope that you will find the information provided below both informative and helpful in your search for employment here.
- Applicants are required to use the Universal Application for Employment (UAE) form as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 147KB) or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information required by the UAE.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be taken into consideration. The Human Resources will only contact those applicants who demonstrate on their application form that they meet or exceed all the position requirements (education, experience, language, knowledge and skills – please address each of the qualification requirements in the vacancy announcement) and have included all the required documentation.
Submit Completed Application to:
Human Resources Office
U.S. Embassy Singapore
27 Napier Road
* Include the vacancy announcement number and title of the Job Vacancy in the Subject Line
- The Human Resources Office only accepts applications for OPEN job vacancies. If you are applying for more than one vacancy, please submit separate applications for each job.
- Regret letters will only be sent to short-listed candidates and AEFMs.
Any feedback, questions and/or comments should be sent to USEmbSingaporeHR@state.gov.
Vacancy 2018-45T Truck Driver (Closing December 26, 2018)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 2018-45T
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Singapore is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for two (2) positions of Truck Driver in the General Services Office (GSO).
Position: Truck Driver
Opening Date: December 13, 2018
Closing Date: 2400 hours, December 26, 2018 (SINGAPORE LOCAL TIME)
Work Hours: Full-time; 44 hours per week
In accordance with U. S. federal regulations, the salary of a U.S. Citizen employee will be subject to Social Security, Federal Insurance Contribution Act (FICA) and all IRS requirements.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
Basic Function of Position:
This position drives Embassy vehicle for the Warehouse and performs duties as a general Warehouse Laborer. The incumbent drives a 14 footer truck and handles all the furniture movement and delivery/pick up for all short term leases including Chancery and official residences. He/she is responsible for moving, packing, loading and unloading and transporting all the furniture, supplies, materials, equipment at various sites, and operating mechanical equipment such as forklift and lift truck. This position is also responsible for the warehouse housekeeping.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Successful completion of local secondary school or graduating high school education.
- At least 1 year of experience driving a lorry (heavy truck) plus 1 year of experience as a general laborer in a moving or logistic company.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Must have Class 3 and Class 4 Singapore issued driver’s licenses with a good driving record.
- Competence in MS Office software programs (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Must be in good physical health and able to stand, walk, reach, and be able to safely lift and move up to 50 lbs, with or without a non-motorized device.
Here is a complete position description (PD) listing all of the duties and responsibilities. If you are unable to view the PD document, please email USEmbSingaporeHR@state.gov and a copy will be sent to you.
Where To Apply:
Human Resources Office
27 Napier Road
Interested applicants should note that requirements stated above must be addressed in your resumé. Please include Singapore ID or residency card or work pass card number together with detailed information listing education and work experience in your resumé or the application will not be considered.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Foreign Service Officer Test (Open for U.S. Citizens ONLY)
The State Department offers the Foreign Service Officer Test at Pearson Professional Centers in 23 locations including Singapore. The complete list of dates and locations and how to sign up is available on the Pearson VUE website at http://pearsonvue.com/fsot. Questions about testing at overseas Pearson Professional Centers may be directed to email@example.com. Detailed information about the Foreign Service selection process can be found at http://careers.state.gov.