The EducationUSA Singapore Advising Center is the official U.S. Department of State source of accurate, comprehensive, and current information about studying overseas at U.S. colleges and universities. The center regularly holds workshops and seminars about overseas study, offers online advising sessions, and hosts U.S. alumni events and college fairs for prospective students. We also help accredited U.S. higher education institutions by connecting them to information about Singapore’s education system, scholarship programs, and education fairs.
Our 1-1 advising services are FREE for all students in Singapore and cover “Your Five Steps to U.S. Study”:
- Research Your Options
- Discuss what factors to consider to draft a “best-fit” school list
- Learn about general timelines and requirements, including standardized testing and letters of recommendation
- Finance Your Studies
- Get links to free databases to search for scholarships
- Get feedback for your scholarship essays
- Complete Your Application:
- Add an EducationUSA advisor in the FERPA/Recommenders section of your Common App to review your application (must meet with advisor first)
- Get feedback on your personal statement and supplemental essays
- Brainstorm and discuss possible topics for your essays
- Apply for Your Student Visa
- Download the checklist
- Prepare for Your Departure
- Sign up for our annual Pre-Departure Orientations
Book an appointment if you would like help with any of the above, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have general questions about applying to study in the U.S. We look forward to hearing from you!
Follow us on facebook.com/EducationUSASingapore for upcoming EducationUSA events and more information on studying in the states.