What is YSEALI Seeds for the Future?
YSEALI Seeds for the Future is a small grants competition for youth leaders in Southeast Asia. Part of the U.S. State Department’s larger Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) initiative to strengthen youth leadership, development and networking in Southeast Asia, Seeds for the Future provides funding of up to $20,000 for the region’s most promising youth leaders to carry out projects that improve their communities, countries and the region.
Applicants must be:
- Between the ages of 18 and 35
- From one of the ten ASEAN member countries
- Address at least one of the following issue areas: civic engagement, economic development, education and/or environmental protection
- Be conducted in and benefit one or more of the ASEAN member countries
- Project leaders may only submit one project proposal
- Project leaders and team members may only be involved in one project