The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government and is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. In addition to Fulbright programs, U.S. Embassy Singapore offers a variety of robust exchange opportunities for teachers, students, scholars, and professionals.
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Secondary Educators: Open to secondary school educators including teachers, administrators, teacher trainers, curriculum developers, textbook writers, and Ministry of Education officials who are aged 30-50 to gain a deeper understanding of U.S. society, education, and culture. The five-week program provides content and materials to develop high school level curricula about the United States. Application deadline: January 15, 2019.
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching 2020: In partnership with Singapore’s Ministry of Education, the Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching competition selects three American and three Singaporean teachers to participate in a three-month exchange that combines the best of educational research, theory and application in universities and classrooms. Teachers will develop inquiry projects that speak to the unique talents and needs of diverse students for the purpose of cultivating best practices in education. Application deadline: To be announced.
- Fulbright Specialist Program 2019: The Fulbright Specialist Program invites U.S. faculty and professionals to serve as expert consultants on curriculum, faculty development, institutional planning, and related subjects at academic or research-oriented institutions in Singapore for a period of 2 to 6 weeks. The applicant and host institution are required to submit independent applications through the Fulbright Specialist portal. Application deadline: Ongoing.
- Fulbright Visiting Research Scholar Award 2019: The Fulbright is the U.S. Department of State’s premier academic exchange program. It is a 3-4 month grant for Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident university faculty and professionals conducting non-degree research to enhance academic and professional expertise in the United States in collaboration with American academics and/or field experts. Application deadline: November 17, 2018.
- Fulbright U.S.– ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program 2019: The Fulbright is the U.S. Department of State’s premier academic exchange program. It is a 3-4 month grant for Singapore citizens or Permanent Resident university faculty, government officials, private sector, think tank, and NGO professionals in ASEAN Member States to conduct scholarly and/or professional research in the United States on issues central to ASEAN and the U.S.-ASEAN relationship. Application deadline: October 15, 2018.
- Fulbright Student Award for Graduate Study in the U.S. 2019: The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists from abroad to research and study in the United States for one year or longer at U.S. universities or institutions. Application deadline: May 12, 2018.
- Community Solutions Program (CSP): A fourth-month, hands-on community leadership program open to those aged 25-38 and working in the following areas: transparency and accountability, tolerance and conflict resolution, environment, and gender issues. Application deadline: October 31, 2018.
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Scholars: An intensive, six-week, post-graduate level academic program with an integrated study tour to provide foreign university faculty and other scholars (aged 30-50) the opportunity to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions in the fields of U.S. National Security Policy Making, American Politics and Political Thought, Contemporary American Literature, Journalism and Media, Religious Pluralism in the United States, U.S. Culture and Society, and U.S. Foreign Policy. Application deadline: October 31, 2018.
- International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP): The IVLP is the U.S. Department of State’s premier professional exchange program. Through short-term visits to the United States, current and emerging foreign leaders in a variety of fields experience this country firsthand and cultivate lasting relationships with their American counterparts. Professional meetings reflect the participants’ professional interests and support the foreign policy goals of the United States. Each year nearly 5,000 International Visitors come to the U.S. on the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP). More than 200,000 International Visitors have engaged with Americans through the IVLP, including more than 500 current or former Chiefs of State or Heads of Government. There is no application for IVLP. Participants are nominated and selected annually by U.S. Embassies worldwide.
For more information contact:
Academic & Professional Exchanges Specialist
Public Affairs Section
U.S. Embassy Singapore
27 Napier Road