Academy for Women Entrepreneurs Singapore Program 2022
Overview of Academy for Women Entrepreneurs
The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) is a program established by United States Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). It provides women entrepreneurs the knowledge, networks, and access they need to launch or scale successful businesses.
Implemented in over 80 countries since 2019, AWE has helped more than 16,000 women entrepreneurs around the world grow their businesses and adapt to new economic realities under COVID-19. Visit the AWE website for more information.
What is the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs Singapore program?
The AWE Singapore Program is a free entrepreneurship training program organized by U.S. Embassy Singapore.
- Participants of the program will embark on a four-month learning journey from August to December 2022.
- The hybrid program combines the online learning platform DreamBuilder with localized in-class discussion, mentoring, and facilitation to teach core business skills like strategic planning, marketing, and financial management.
- Upon successful completion of the program, participants will have the opportunity to compete for seed funding for their businesses.
What can you gain from the AWE Singapore Program?
- Develop core business skills
- Learn from and build networks with like-minded entrepreneurs
- Participate in a pitch competition for seed funding
- Earn a Dreambuilder certificate after completion of the program
- Become a U.S. exchange program alumni and gain access to future opportunities
AWE incorporates the online training program, DreamBuilder, developed in partnership between Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Global Management and global copper mining company Freeport-McMoRan. With 13 online modules, it equips women with the tools needed to create and grow their own businesses, raise capital, and effectively network with other successful business owners. Visit the DreamBuilder website for more information.
Who is the AWE Singapore Program for?
We welcome applications and will prioritize candidates for selection based on the following criteria:
- Female Singapore citizens aged 25 and above
- Started a business in the past year or have a viable business idea
- Comfortable communicating in English
- Committed to completing the DreamBuilder course and attending all segments of the program (about 16 hours per month)
- Strong desire to take your business or business idea to the next level
How can I apply for the AWE Singapore Program?
Please apply for the program using our online form: https://bit.ly/AWESG2022
The application deadline is May 31, 2022, (11:59pm, Singapore time). If you have questions about the program and application, please get in touch with us at SingaporePASCultural@state.gov
The AWE Singapore Program is organized by U.S. Embassy Singapore and supported by Singapore Women’s Entrepreneurship Network (SG-WEN), an organization of Singapore Business Federation.